Good News: Apple will make iPhones in India from April 2017
Apple will make iPhones in India
Apple has been working with India over the past several months on plans to make iPhones in India, and now it appears a location for manufacturing has been decided.
Apple plans to make its iPhone in India Bengaluru, said Karnataka’s Minister of State for IT Priyank Kharge on Thursday.
“An Apple team discussed with us its proposal to set up a plant in Bengaluru to make iPhones in Indian and global markets,” said Kharge.
An Apple team, led by iPhone Operations Vice-President Priya Balasubramaniam, Government Affairs Head Ali Khanafer, iPhone Operations Director Dheeraj Chugh and Country Counsel Priyesh Povanna discussed the proposals with the state officials in the presence of the minister.
“We welcome Apple’s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in Karnataka. Its intentions to make iPhones in Bengaluru will foster the cutting-edge technology ecosystem and supply chain development in the state, which are critical for India to compete globally,”
New job listings that emerged at the end of last year suggested that manufacturing in the country could start as soon as April, and a report last month claimed Wistron could be involved in manufacturing in addition to Foxconn.
For Apple, India could serve as a source for growth through iPhone sales. Meanwhile in the US, the new administration has mounted pressure on Apple to make iPhones in the United States, which some have argued would not be economical.
- On September 7, 2005, Apple and Motorola came together to launch a phone called ROKR E1.
- Being unhappy with ROKR, former Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced iPhone at the Macworld convention. On June 29, 2007, the iPhone was rolled out.
- Apple reportedly paid US$1 million to Michael Kovatch on 1 July 2007 for the transfer of iPhone.com domain name.
- So far, Apple has announced 13 models of iPhones.
- iPhone has just around 20% market share in the world. However, Apple takes away over 90% profit of the smartphone industry.
- All the iPhones in the iPhone advertisements show the time 9:41. This is the time when Steve Jobs unveiled the first iPhone in 2007.
- While Samsung and Apple are the biggest rivals, but not everyone knows that Samsung makes the processors for iPhones
Incoming Search For :-
iphone in india
apple iphone in india