Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates once again topped the Forbes magazine list of the world’s richest persons, while US President Donald Trump slipped 220 spots to number 544.
The US had the most billionaires with 565, a product of the swelling value of the American stock market since Trump’s November 2016 election. China was second with 319 billionaires, and Germany was third with 114.
There are 183 tech billionaires in all with a combined $1 trillion (roughly Rs. 65,39,722 crores) in wealth, Forbes said.
The global population of billionaires jumped 13 percent from last year to a record 2,043, the biggest annual increase in the 31 years since the magazine began compiling the list, Forbes said.
- Gates, whose wealth is estimated at $86 billion (56,09,35,00,00,000 INR), led the list of world’s richest persons.
- He was followed by Berkshire Hathaway chief Warren Buffett – with an estimated wealth of $75.6billion, before a bevy of American tech giants dominated the rest of the top ten.
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos was number three with a net worth of $72.8billion.
- Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg was fifth with $56billion, and Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison came it at number seven with $52.2billion in the bank.
World’s Richest Persons by Forbes Magazine
1. Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder: $86billion
2. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway CEO: $75.6billion
3. Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO: $72.8billion
4. Amancio Ortega, Inditex fashion group founder: $71.3billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO: $56billion
6. Carlos Slim, Mexican telecom mogul: $54.5billion
8. Charles Koch, Koch Industries CEO and chairman: $48.3billion
9. David Koch, Koch Industries CEO and chairman: $48.3billion
10. Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg co-founder: $47.5billion
11. Bernard Arnault, LVMH CEO: $41.5billion
12. Larry Page, Google co-founder and Alphabet CEO: $40.7billion
14. Liliane Bettencourt, L’Oréal heiress: $39.5billion
15. S. Robson Walton, Wal-Mart heir: $34.1billion
16. Jim Walton, Wal-Mart heir: $34billion
17. Alice Walton, Wal-Mart heiress: $33.8billion
18. Wang Jianlin, Dalian Wanda Commercial Property chairman: $31.3billion
19. Li Ka-shing, Cheung Kong Holdings CEO: $31.2billion
20. Sheldon Adelson,Las Vegas Sands Corporation CEO: $30.4billion
Incoming search for:
richest person in the world
richest man in the world
world richest man
who is the richest man in the world
top 10 richest people