Entire world is moving with the online technology. Each and every thing can be shared, exchange, buy or transferred through online network. People don’t have to carry cash in their pockets. We can pay our bills through online transaction. As online technology is increasing hackers are also activated to hack your online accounts. Hackers hacks your online account’s password to transfer money, to grab confidential information etc. Most of the accounts gets hacked due to small and easily guessable password. To make your online accounts safe first you will have to set strong password.
Recently, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, his official Twitter account has been hacked and hacked posted multiple abusive tweets on behalf of him. There are so many people whose Facebook account gets hack and hacker used to post vulgar or unwanted posts from the account.
Tips to make strong password
To make your online accounts safe the first and primary thing is to keep strong password so that no one can guess that easily.
Most people don’t realize there are a number of common techniques used to crack passwords and plenty more ways we make our accounts vulnerable due to simple and widely used passwords.
There are two essential password rules to consider when creating a password for the first time- length and complexity.
1. Your password length should be at least 8 characters long.
2. Your password should use a combination of lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers, and special characters.
lower letters: crazy news hub
Upper letter: CRAZY NEWS HUB
Special characters: @ # $ % & _ .
3. Make sure to use different passwords for each of your accounts.
4. Be sure no one watches when you set or enter your password.
5. Always log off if you leave your device and anyone is around it only takes a moment for someone to steal or change the password.
6. Don’t save the passwords on computers you don’t have control (like computers at an Internet cafe or library) they may have malware that steals your passwords.
7. Don’t tell anyone your password. Your trusted friend now might not be your friend in the future. Keep your passwords safe by keeping them to yourself.
8. It’s okay to write down your passwords, just keep them away from your computer and mixed in with other numbers and letters so it’s not apparent that it’s a password.
9. If available, use finger print as a password.
10. Don’t set password having your name, DOB, pet name, mobile number, vehicle number etc which are very easy to identify.
11. Keep changing the passwords after specific time.
12. If still your password hacked, immediately change it to something more secure and complex.
Examples of strong password
- Strong password is easy to remember but hard to guess. Iam:)2b29!. This has 10 characters and says “I am happy to be 29!” I wish.
- ABT2_uz_AMZ! (About to use Amazon).
- ABT2_uz_BoA! (About to use Bank of America).
- Pwrd4Acct-$$ (Password for account at bank).
- Pwrd4Acct-Fb (Password for account at Facebook).
Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Account Hacked, Abusive Tweets Posted
Hacked – Cyber attack on INDIAN embassy websites in 7 countries.
ATM, Debit Card, Credit Card security tips – Cyber Security.
Cyber attack on AXIS Bank but no loss to customers.